Dias Branco, committed to Sustainable Development in all of is areas of operation, presents the Basic Guidelines of its Environmental Policy:
– Respectfully manage the use of the necessary natural resources, using them in a rational and ethical manner, providing accountability to its stakeholders – society, employees, shareholders, suppliers, clients and environmental control agencies on the impact of its activities.
– Create and develop instruments, projects and programs that contribute to the social, economic and environmental development, promoting the improvement of the quality of life in the communities where we operate and society has a whole.
– Observe the legal provisions applicable to the environment and other requirements subscribed by the Company.
– Train and motivate employees to assume awareness about the environment, ensuring environmental practices adapted to the execution of its activities.
– Constantly maintain and perfect environmental development with emphasis on pollution prevention and minimizing adverse environmental impacts, aiming at environmental conservation.
Minimization of Environmental Impacts
Pursuit of sustainable development and minimization of environmental impacts at the M. Dias Branco Units:
– Environmental programs at the Fortaleza Plant: Rational consumption of Water and socioenvironmental interaction with the community.
– Monitoring for the prevention of pollution and compliance with the applicable legal provisions: black smoke from vehicles, atmospheric emissions, quality of water effluents.
– Program for the Management and Conservation of the Atlantic Forest and Mangroves of the GMA Unit: Use of ecological planning and zoning techniques of land ecosystems, green areas and fragments of the Atlantic Forest and mangroves located in the surrounding area, in order to develop management, conservation, recuperation and reforestation strategies.
– Monitoring of Water Quality and Aquatic Biota at the GMA Unit: assessment and monitoring of the quality of sea water, monitoring of the special and temporal characteristics of the remaining biota, promoting valuable indications of environmental quality in the areas.
– Monitoring of the Land Fauna at the GMA Unit: perform diagnosis, rescue, identify and quantify the situation of the land biota in each area, also determining the conservation status of the forest remnants.